• The Russia intrigue continues, as disgraced former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn pleads for immunity in exchanged for his story. Devin Nunes, chair of the House Intelligence Committee (and member of the Trump transition team), tried to prop up his best buddy in the White House by revealing a nonexistent "bombshell" about surveillance on the Trump team, but shot himself in the foot by lying to everyone about the source of the information. Not incidentally, he also completely destroyed the integrity of his committee's investigation - and himself.
• Congressman Eric Swalwell has connected the dots between the Trump campaign and Russia and put it into a nifty visual diagram on his government Web site. Thanks, Eric! Politico also did a nice job on a Trump-Russia timeline
• Trump, who mocked President Obama for spending too much time on the links, has golfed at least 12 times since he took office. Gives a whole new meaning to the word "duffer."
• The ill-conceived Republican health care bill died before it even came to a vote. Just a little bit satisfying, considering how many times Republicans have said the ACA was in a "death spiral."
• Trump, who has called global warming a "Chinese hoax," has begun the process of reversing climate change regulations and laws. It helps that his head of the EPA has sued the agency multiple times and would like to see it disabled entirely.
Save the Date
• SUNDAY, APRIL 9 FROM 4:00 TO 5:30
North Tahoe Dems Monthly Meeting
996 Third Green, Incline
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bring a friend or two and a dish or drink to share.
• TUESDAY, APRIL 4 AT 5:30 PM
Democratic Party of Washoe County (DPWC) Central Committee Meeting and 2017 Executive Board Election at the Pine Middle School, 4800 Neil Road in Reno. Carpools will be meeting at Raley's parking lot (Incline) at 4:15. Contact Kathleen Watty at 775-762-2500.
• SATURDAY, APRIL 8 AT 10 AM
Congressman McClintock will hold a town hall meeting at the Del Oro high School Gymnasium, 3301 Taylor Road in Loomis.
• SATURDAY, APRIL 22 all day
March for Science and Earth Day at Squaw. NTD will have a booth at this event and will be featuring one-day-only $20 memberships!
• TONIGHT! (April 2)
MoveOn.org is holding another "Ready to Resist" phone call and livestream featuring Chuck Schumer The topic: "Despite the Trump team's being under an active criminal investigation, Mitch McConnell wants to ram Trump's lifetime Supreme Court appointment—extremist nominee Neil Gorsuch—through confirmation this week. We'll learn about the actions we can take this week to stop them." For more info or to sign up or view/listen, go to moveon.org/readytoresist.
We ARE the resistance! Please e-mail email@example.com for membership info.
- Latest Donald Trump favorable/unfavorable poll results
- Politico's daily Trump diary
- Grab Your Wallet shows retailers selling Trump or Trump-related products for boycotting
- Sleeping Giants on Twitter: "We are trying to stop racist websites by stopping their ad dollars."
- Daily Kos: news organization, community, and activist hub